Thursday, July 18, 2013

Colourful

Check out these cell membrane images:


Colourful
cell membrane

Image by shutterbugamar

I think I’m studying for the most boring subject ever – microbiology. I get it – there’s bacteria, and they have cell walls and membranes. But I can’t see them through the microscope because I wear glasses! Ugh, hate this – puts me to sleep. Anyways, my boredom made me put up lights around the house…and this would be the awesome bokeh result from my 5 minutes of hard work! Ciao!


Vol. 191, Issue 1 – toc1
cell membrane

Image by TheJCB

A bullet-shaped vesicular stomatitis virus fuses with a liposome. Libersou et al. examine the structural rearrangements of the viral glycoprotein G that drive membrane fusion.


This image is available to the public to copy, distribute, or display under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.


Reference: Libersou et al. (2010) J. Cell Biol.191, 199-210.

Published on: October 4, 2010.

doi: 10.1083/jcb.201006116


Read the full article at:http://jcb.rupress.org/content/191/1/199.full


Colourful

No comments:

Post a Comment